Welcome to Sahara,
Sahara is a city venue like no other. The once famous Sahara Restaurant from over 40 years ago has been rejuvenated, creating a fantastic 3 level dining experience, reflecting Melbourne's diverse restaurant and bar culture. Sahara impresses a Moroccan and Northern African infused dining experience, in the heart of Melbourne.
Indulge in delicious hot or cold dishes (mezze) with cocktail or wine to match. Follow this with a choice from our main meals either to share or enjoy all to yourself, either will please.
Overlooking the bustling dynamic Swanston Street and town Library, combining an aesthetic flair for the region and a modern and slightly multicultural twist, creates a vibrant and exotic setting. Perfect for any occasion, be it for that special someone, group or corporate lunch, dinner or function.
Open our Venue Summary to view all three levels.
- The venue is warm and inviting, comfortable yet lively. The first floor Restaurant has a fresh and innovative Moroccan Cuisine.
- The second level cocktail lounge offers versatile space for after dinner drinks, canapés or share plates. Ideal for corporate or private functions.
- Finally wander up to the greatly anticipated Rooftop for amazing city views, nice drinks and food at the Sahara Rooftop Lounge.
- Each level can accommodate up to 100 guests.
- Level 1 and 2 are air-conditioned and heated for a comfortable environment.
- Rooftop Shiesha
When the sun goes down, un-wind with a shiesha pipe and beer
- TUES 2 for 1
Tuesday purchase a 'special' and get the second free.
- WED Uni Night
Every Wed, show your Uni ID for great drink and food specials.
- Bla Bl comedy
Level 2 $5 entry, $5 drinks and snacks http://blahblahcomedy.com.au/.
- THURS Girls Night
Every Thurs $5 champagne for girls. Order a bottle and receive a complimentary cheese
- EVERY NIGHT Happy Hour
From 3pm to 8pm. $5 beer, wine, basic spirits and pizza.
- EVERY DAY Social Hour
Complimentary Moroccan mint tea with any deserts order.
Sign up to our mailing list
301 SWANSTON ST, MELBOURNE 3000
Phone: 9663 8477